Dover Marina Hotel & Spa, Dover, England
Best Western Plus – Four star
In an ideal location by the beach and close to the ferry terminal, this lovely hotel mixes modern comfort with Victorian elegance.
It really was wonderful to wake up to a view of the sea, followed by a leisurely breakfast on the terrace, a walk on the beach and, before I checked out, a relaxing massage. My room was a good size and very comfortable although the floor was rather on a slant, a reflection of the hotels age no doubt adding to its character rather than detracting from my comfort. The staff were consistently helpful and friendly right from my initial enquiry, throughout my stay and until I to checked-out. I boarded the ferry for Calais feeling refreshed and full of energy.
You can pay for breakfast in advance. This is a great option for more elegant surroundings (pictured above) and if you really want to take full advantage of the buffet (including hot options) but a cheaper alternative is to book without breakfast and pop along to the attached coffee shop which offers a full English breakfast from £4.99.
All Dover’s main attractions are on your doorstep. The hotel offers a ‘Historic Kent’ package that includes access to Dover Castle, Canterbury Cathedral, St Augustine’s Abbey and other attractions. Sailing, wind surfing and power boat handling can also be arranged and walkers will love the trails along the White Cliffs of Dover. Kent’s famous De Bradelei Wharf Shopping Centre is also nearby.
- Location: Dover Waterfront, Waterloo Crescent, Dover Kent CT17 9BP (Just a short drive/walk from the ferry terminal and about a fifteen minute drive to Eurotunnel)
- Telephone: 01304 203633
- Email: email@example.com
- Ideal for: Couples, families, conferences and weddings
- Standard: Very comfortable
- Hotel Facilities: Free parking, spa (no pool), gym and sauna
- Room facilities include:
- Free High Speed Wi-Fi Internet Access
- TV and audio system (via TV or radio)
- Tea & coffee making facilities
- Hairdryer, iron and ironing board
- En-suite with toiletries
- Desk area
- Website: Dover Marina Hotel & Spa
below: the Dover Marina Hotel spa reception and one of the treatment rooms
Boutique Travel Blog’s founder and editor, Kathryn, also blogs at TravelWithKat.com where she shares her passion for discovering new countries, cultures and cuisines.